Request Access to AURA GRANTS, IRB, or IBC
To request access to one of the AURA modules, please click "Request Form" on the left and include the required user information.
Any student, faculty, or staff member with a CNetID, or UCHADID, is eligible to be a registered user (the basic system role for all modules). Additional roles require the approval of a Dean, Chair, or Executive Administer with designated approval permissions within the appropriate division/department. Please include this approval, or your supervisor’s name and email, in the comments box if you are requesting roles other than Registered User.
NOTE: If you are a student/staff member wishing to submit, or be included, on an IRB study, select the AURA IRB - Registered User role.
Adding multiple users to AURA?
Faculty, staff members, and IRB study coordinators who need to add 5 or more people to AURA can do so by completing the form available here: Add Multiple Users to AURA, and return to AURA-Help@uchicago.edu. Please allow 2-3 business days to process requests of 10-20 users, and 5 or more business days for requests of 20 or more.
If you have questions regarding role assignments or other access questions, please email AURA-Help@uchicago.edu.
AURA Grants Roles
Proposal Creator (PC) role:
- Only role that can create funding proposals (new, renewal, revisions, resubmissions), Continuations and Concurrence Requests.
- Role that initiates the proposal into workflow
- Generally, unit pre-award Grant/Contract Administrator responsible for completing Funding Proposal/424 and ensuring that routing has been completed in a timely manner.
Proposal Viewer (PV) role:
- Role that allows a user to view funding proposals/SF424’s and corresponding budgets within the system.
- In addition to this role, users must also have a security unit(s) established on their profile. This establishes what proposals they are able to view. Access can be given at the institution, division, or department levels.
Unit Approver (UA) role:
- Role that approves proposals for a given unit within workflow
- Responsible for ensuring that individual unit policies and procedures related to proposal development and submission are followed
Principal Investigator/Fellow (PI/FW) roles:
- These roles are automatically assigned based upon the Job Code of the individual.
- PI or FW role may be added via request to Help Desk included approved PI Status request form
- Conducts the research; completes and submits interim and final technical reports; discloses inventions; retains project data/materials as required; oversees scientific integrity of project; supervises project staff
- When selected as a PI or multiple PI for a proposal, responsible for completing the appropriate COI and assurance activities and provides final approval for proposal (or designates a delegate to provide final approval)