This is to inform you that AURA-IBC, an electronic IBC protocol submission, review and management system, is now active. Following on the earlier implementations of AURA-Grants, AURA-IRB, and AURA-COI, AURA-IBC continues the progression toward a uniform and integrated online research administration platform for university-administered processes. Going forward, all new/resubmitted IBC protocols or IBC protocol amendments must be submitted within AURA-IBC.
You can access AURA-IBC by going to http://aura.uchicago.edu/ , clicking on the IBC icon and entering your CNET ID Username and Password.
Training for navigation and use of AURA-IBC is available in a variety of formats. All training information (date/times of group training sessions and online training courses) on AURA-IBC can be found at: http://aura.uchicago.edu/page/ibc-training-resources. Personal one-on-one training will also be available upon request.
The advantages of AURA-IBC:
- Your current, approved IBC protocol(s) will be available online for you and your staff, even from off campus.
- Once you have completed and submitted your IBC protocol via the AURA-IBC SmartForm, the current, approved version of that protocol will be readily available online at any time.
- IBC protocol amendments will be much easier to create and submit via AURA-IBC.
- IBC protocol submissions requiring action on your part will be displayed on your AURA IBC homepage.
- The status of each IBC protocol during the review process will be monitored by AURA-IBC and will be available to you online.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Bill Pugh at email@example.com or 773-834-4765.
Michael R. Ludwig -
Assoc. VP for Research Administration and Director, University Research Administration @ The University of Chicago